In this article, I will share my personal experiences and skills on how anyone can become an ethical hacker. There are many videos and websites that talk about the advanced thing of ethical hacking. But no one talks about absolute beginners. Beginners have no idea about how they can enter the cyberspace field, so here I will talk about absolute beginners, who do not know the right way to enter cybersecurity and hacking.
So friends I will tell the best and technical method through which you can also enter the world of IoT. I will share my journey How I enter in this field and I will also tell you about the advantages and the disadvantages of this field. So friends let’s start —
Friends, if you are new in the technical field and do not have basic knowledge of computers such as computer components, networks, network topology, computer hardware, operating systems, etc., then you should get the basic knowledge about all of these before entering to IT field.
But if you have good knowledge that’s pretty good that you already have some basic knowledge about computers.
Now its time to talk about some advanced things about the IoT sector. Friends, especially if you want to get involved with cybersecurity, then you have to be updated with technology. If any update or anything happens in this technical area, you have to get it. Because the technical field requires awareness and understanding of the fact of the case.
So if you are using an obsolete technology then technology will make you obsolete.
What do to become a Good Hacker?
To become a hacker you should know the different types and different versions of OS( Operating System). Because there are many OSs which can be used for hacking purpose. For eg. Kali Linux, Parrot OS, Network Security Toolkit, BackBox, Cyborg Hawk Linux, etc.
Hackers use specially Kali Linux OS. The reason for using Kali Linux because it has preinstalled hacking tools. You can also customize the Kali Linux according to your need. And the biggest thing is that It is Open Source which means it Free OS, unlike Windows.
If you know about these operating systems and have some good experience to operate these OS. Then it is very good. Because all these operating systems operate on the command line, unlike Windows. Although they have a GUI interface, most of its functions are done through the command-line.
Therefore it becomes very important to have a strong command line of operating systems like Kali Linux. But if you have an average command-line base, then you can enter the cyberspace field. But as time passes, you have to upgrade yourself in this area. Otherwise, you will no longer be in this area or you may have many problems in this area.
Steps To Become A Good Hacker/Penetration Tester –
- Learn Infomation gathering about your victim as much as you can. You can use info gathering tools like NMAP, ZenMAP, and many more. And also learn TCP/IP, Basic Information gathering, Proxies, Socks, SSL, VPN, VPS, RDP, FTP, POP3, SMTP, Telnet, SSH.
- Practice On Virtual OSs via Virtual Box, VMware, or other virtual platforms. Learn Linux, Unix, Windows – You can do this using VMware or any virtual desktop utility.
- Learn the process of Reverse engineering and crack some programs for serials easy ones like Winzip, WinRAR, or old games. Try some old programs to crack.
- Learn some basics of Networking especially (Routing and Switching) Cisco Router and Switch configuration and setup.
- Learn the process of Wifi scanning, cracking, sniffing by different methods.
- Pick a contact number from your phonebook, now be an anonymous call him/her and get their personal details, or take a cloned sim and attempt to social engineer the person for his name, address, date of the birth, city-born, country born, ISP connected with, Phone company connected with, What bank he/she uses and anything else you can get. Then Attempt to ring using a spoof caller ID software with the person’s phone number – call the ISP and try reset the password to his/her internet connection/web-mail, get access to a bank account or ask them to send out a new *** to a new address (drop) with a new pin, reset of phone company passwords.
- Pick a kernel in Linux or Unix, also pick a Microsoft OS version lets to say Winxp pro sp2 put them on the virtual desktops (VMware) and find and code a new local exploit in those versions, then install an Apache web server on the Linux/Unix and an IIS web server on the WinXP pro and attempt to find and code a new local reverse_tcp_shell exploit.
- Make a custom IPtable, IPsec firewall that blocks all incoming traffic and outgoing traffic, and add filters to accept certain ports that your software or scripts use.
- Code a tool that uses grep to sort out unique code in source codes.
- Once got access to upload a shell and attempt to exploit the server to gain root using an exploit you coded not someone else exploits.
- Use your own Linux Distro or use a vanilla Linux gnome (not KDE) keep it with not much graphics so you can learn how to depend on the terminal and start from scratch install applications that you will only need for a BlackBox (Security test box), make folders for fuzzers, exploits, scanners..etc Then load them up with your own scripts and other tools.
- Create a secure home network and secure your own systems with your own Security policies and firewall settings
- Use your information gathering skills to get all the information off a website like a shop then use the spoof caller-id software or hack your phone to show a new number of the Webserver’s Tech Support number then ring the shop owner and try to get the shop site password.
- Learn Macosx and attempt to gain access to a Macosx box whether it be your own or someone else.
So friends this is all about becoming a professional or expert in Cyber Security Field. If you want to get some extra knowledge about Cyber Security then please write to me in the comment box, and if you have doubts or any queries with this post then don’t hesitate to contact me. And if you have any suggestions for me then please write to me in the comment box. If you like my posts please share it with your friends.